Thursday, August 26, 2010

Jim Knight Training

Whew! Why is it that meetings seem to take SO much brain power - even though all you do is sit through them and try to later regurgitate the info?!?

Today was my first day away from my new home (Chicot!) to attend a training. Today's training was "Jim Knight Training" for instructional facilitators. BTW- I learned today that the Arkansas legislature wants all instructional "coaches" to be called instructional facilitators because they had a hard time distinguishing the difference between the two. Hmm... very interesting!

My training today was NOT by Jim Knight, rather it was delivered by a very nice lady that works for the State Department and then a man that is good at Math, but I don't remember his job title!

The BIG ideas from today's training- focus on the BIG four (content, instruction, assessment, and behavior management) and help teachers through the continuum of the 7 principles (enroll, plan, model, observe, etc...)

If you are interested in learning more about Jim Knight training his website is: http://www.instructionalcoach.org/

I did a little bit of networking- I talked to Watson's new coach, Morgan Ealy, I sat next to Mrs. Michelle over at Hall... they were all doing fine- everyone is still loving their jobs and at the same time learning how to work with the pressures of being a coach!

Well, that's all I have for today! -Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment