Thursday, August 5, 2010

I have vision...

Well, I am completely covered in fire hydrant dust! Apparently this summer this was a little incident with a fire hydrant being sprayed by some youngsters ALL over "Mathland" (yes, this is my new nickname for our lovely, dusty trailer) So today consisted of opening a MILLION boxes, and dusting everything. (And trying to not sit down on dust covered chairs.) I learned where the bathrooms, library, book room, office, cafeteria, and gym are located today. All thanks goes to Mrs. Chambers for my awesome tour! I also got to meet the new 2nd grade literacy coach, I think she is AWESOME! I feel a little exhausted, and a lot excited... I can't wait for teachers to come back!

Oh and let me impart this tiny bit of wisdom- if you want to know who the BEST welcoming crew at Chicot is... it is the custodians! They were so helpful today! I had a ton of boxes to throw away, and tons of things to be moved inside to literacy areas, and just generally a few thousand  favors and they were so gracious about everything I needed- EVERYtime! Mr. Lyle (I think that was his name!) even found something to help dry my feet from walking in the rain so I wouldn't slip on the newly waxed floors! 

Ok- onwards to tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment